Welcome to the TIO challenge. I am pleased to see you here. Every other Wednesday, I shall dare you to dream up a tag, and will come and look at your blog. I am really looking forward to it.







Tuesday, 27 July 2010

TIO #49 - Paper Roses...

Here is my newest plaything... grunge paper roses.

This week, I have a different challenge for you... paper roses

Whilst blog-hopping and fnding new stuff, I came across a wonderful blog called JoZart. She had made some fantastic bling using a paper rose from another great designer and blogger called Lynne Forsythe. Inspirational sites to see, so do go have a lookee!! Well, Lynne makes the most WONDERFUL paper roses and the link I have given you is to her fab tutorial... I think you should watch and learn, and try your hand ... so can you dream your tag with some special paper roses and at least one stamp ?? Go on... you know you want to!!! So ENJOY!! (with grateful thanks to Lynne and Jo)
Frankie
xx


When I first found these on JoZart's blog, I could not resist having a go for the box I was about to distress.

So I made 3 and sprayed them with Starburst Stains. I then added some ribbon, dyed to match. I used my heat gun on it to distress it too, as it shrivels a bit ... but beware, you can overdo it!!! A few beads added the finishing touch, so I have this ear-marked for a friend of mine's birthday next month...
XX

15 comments:

Lizzybobs said...

this is a lovely Tag - I like the subject this week I have used a flower stamp on my effort that looks a bit like a rose - hope you like what I have done - thanks for the inspiration Lv Liz

You can find my tag at http://lizzybobs.blogspot.com/2010/07/t10-49-paper-roses.html

lynne.forsythe said...

wow.....thanks for the AMAZING shout out!!! glad you enjoyed my rose tutorial....watch out they can become addicting!!!

ElizabethR said...

Great theme Frankie and the fab piccies of your beautiful garden. I'll be back after a play! Love Elizabeth xxx

JoZart said...

Your's are better than mine!! Thanks for the credit and I'm happy to be just a part of the inspiration!
Jo x

Faye said...

Frankie, my rose tag is on my blog. However, my computer is too slow to load the video so I just made my own rose. If you can find printed instructions for the rose, I'd love to have them. Your tag and box top are so gorgeous. Looks like you have the technique down pat.

PAPER ROSE TAG

Faye said...

I just tried the tute again and this morning I got it to work. Verizon DSL is giving us fits with its inconsistancies. I will try this rose when I can find some grunge paper. I don't have any.

The tutorial is wonderful and I've sent the link to my sister who also makes cards. She was wowed with it too.

Lynn Stevens said...

Gorgeous rose, There so much fun to make but do take some time to do. So I can really appreciate all that goes into them!

lisa said...

Hi Frankie
I was inspired by the lovely Jo to have a go at these roses too and you can see how mine turned out here.
Hugs Lisax

Faye said...

Hi Frankie, I've caught the bug. I've made another tag with a paper rose.

HERE

Claire said...

Wow Frankie, what a fab challenge! I love your altered box, its gorgeous. The tutorial is amazing but I will have to practice lol
My tag is here
Claire xx

Keepsake's Crafts said...

mmm... roses...always happy to dream of/with roses. Mine is here!

Jen said...

Great inspiration, the tutorial was excellent too. Found it quite a challenge but fun. My tag is here http://timeoutcrafting.blogspot.com/2010/08/dragonsdream-tio-49-paper-roses.html

Wanda said...

Almost thought I wouldn't make it! Your flowers and tag are lovely Frankie. And anyone would be delighted to receive the little box.
Anyway, here's mine http://sunshinecrafter.blogspot.com/2010/08/paper-roses.html

Wanda

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Love the box. I'm glad to be back. Hope you're both enjoying your togetherness still. My little dream is
http://cromscubbyhole.blogspot.com/2010/08/paper-roses.html

ElizabethR said...

I'm late sorry and it's a rotten picture, ended up using the scanner http://elizabethr-thecraftyrobin.blogspot.com/2010/08/tio-49-paper-roses.html Love Elizabeth xxx