Welcome to the TIO challenge. I am pleased to see you here. Every other Wednesday, I shall dare you to dream up a tag, and will come and look at your blog. I am really looking forward to it.







Wednesday, 9 June 2010

TIO #42 - Acetate and Alcohol

Here we go with another fabulous guest challenge from  Wanda

Since last week, I have been in and out and had my knee surgery!!! Oh boy, is this difficult so I won't be long!!! More a different time... tee hee

Wanda has set a wonderful dream this week, to use acetate and alcohol in your dreams, including at least one real stamp as always... so here she is -

Hi, my name is Wanda. I live not far from the beautiful North Wales Coast, out in the hills not far from the Colwyn Bay. I love living here though it is a bit off the beaten track if you don’t drive; luckily I do. My husband and I run a boarding cattery here which keeps us very busy, especially in the season, so we find it hard to take holidays together. My love of crafts goes back to when I was just three years old and my grandmother taught me to knit, then later on to sew, using her treadle sewing machine. I spent a lot of time with her. I have crafted all my life mostly knitting, crochet, and sewing, and a little photography and drawing (badly). I discovered card-making about five or six years ago when I was home bound owing to illness. I was due to look after my (then) nine year old grand-daughter for a couple of weeks and went into my local craft shop to look for inspiration. I came home laden with an assortment of materials. I have found the crafting community to be a very generous, helpful group and I have learned so much from others. Very soon, after making quite a few ill advised purchases, I discovered rubber stamps and the rest is history. I love building up my collection of stamps. My favourite style is grungy and messy. I like putting inks down on paper and creating my own backgrounds from plain cardstock or paper. I enjoy using the brayer and then creating scenes from the backgrounds I have made.



I hope my tag inspires you and I look forward to seeing what you create with the theme “Acetate and Alcohol! The idea is that you use acetate and alcohol in your creation, although it’s not such a bad idea to have a little drink – just to help keep the creative juices flowing! You could use alcohol inks, as I have done, or an alcohol related stamp, be it a wine bottle, beer or wine glass, or a wine label. I’m really looking forward to seeing what you come up with. Have fun!


Wanda


So my lovely dreamy friends, just enjoy and forgive me if I do not appear as often as possible!! I WILL publish your posts as frequently as I can... Wanda is off to a Stamp Addicts retreat this weekend, lucky girl, so she will catch up as an when!!!! ENJOY
Frankie
xx

14 comments:

Janet said...

Here is mine you lovely people at TIO!
http://redmossramblings.blogspot.com/2010/06/dragonsdream-tio42-acetate-and-alcohol.html

Janet xx

Karen said...

Oh Frankie, you rest that knee my lovely XXX

oooo haven't worked with AI's for ages...looking forward to thisone! XXX

peggy gatto said...

hope you feel better!
Wanda, great tag!!!
I hope to try this technique!!

Faye said...

My entry is on my blog.

Acetate and Alcohol Inks

Pan's daughter said...

Frankie, I hope you're up and dancing soon! Thanks for visiting!

blackdragon said...

I hope your'e taking things easy my friend and resting lots.

I have made my tag....
http://lynsblogger.blogspot.com/2010/06/dragonsdream-tag-it-on.html

wonderful challenge wanda.... your tag is beautiful.
love always lynx

Claire said...

Fab challenge, got carried away and made 2 lol. My tags are here
Hope the knee is improving
Claire xx

Karen said...

Had so much fun I nearly forgot to use a stamp hahahaha

You can find mine here

Hope your knee is feeling a lot better now my lovely, HUGS XXX

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Welcome back. To see my entry ....

http://cromscubbyhole.blogspot.com/2010/06/tio-dragons-back.html

Dragon said...

Hello. Frankie has not replied to you because she has been poorly. she will come when she feels better

ElizabethR said...

Here's mine Frankie sorry I am so late and I hope you are feeling better now. Love Elizabeth xxx http://elizabethr-thecraftyrobin.blogspot.com/

Pan's daughter said...

Coming in under the wire, yet again...here is my entry for this week: http://pansdaughter13.blogspot.com/2010/06/tio-acetate-and-alcohol.html
Thank you for coming to visit!

Pan's daughter said...

I hope you feel better soon, Frankie!

crafty creations said...

Hope you are now starting to feel a bit better Frankie

My tag is on my blog HERE Thanks for looking