Welcome to the TIO challenge. I am pleased to see you here. Every other Wednesday, I shall dare you to dream up a tag, and will come and look at your blog. I am really looking forward to it.







Wednesday, 12 May 2010

TIO #38 Along the River - Guest Hostess Janet

There were some wonderful creations last week and I loved seeing them all. We have another guest here at TIO, as I hinted on the sidebar!!! She is a fellow member of the Rainbows forum, run by Rainbow Lady, and her name is Janet. I am sure you will love looking at her lovely blog and doing the challenge she has set us to dream this week. Her theme is "Along the River" . So here she is...

I live overlooking the Moray Firth in the North East of Scotland with my husband John on what was formerly a riding and trekking centre. We are both retired and have lived here for 10 years. Over the years we have kept a flock of sheep, horses, ducks and rare breed chickens. We also showed and bred Boxer dogs with some success.

I have always been interested in art and making things. Previously it has been knitting and sewing but now I am completely taken with photography, painting, card making and especially rubber stamping. I love making pictures and using inks and images to convey a feeling or a memory. I get most of my inspiration from the beautiful countryside around us.

My tag recalls a pleasant Sunday afternoon feeding the ducks and swans on the river. Perhaps yours might show the fish and plants in the water, the riverbank and animals, the bridges and buildings alongside the water. Come on in and dream with me - the water's fine!

So there you have it... watery, possibly peaceful (but not necessarily!!) country, town.... any interpretation of the theme, with at least one real stamp included. ENJOY!!
Frankie
xx

20 comments:

Janet said...

Here goes then!http://redmossramblings.blogspot.com/2010/05/dragonsdream-tag-it-on-along-river.html

Janet xx

Karen said...

Oh this is a perfect tag...looking forward to doing this one...though it will be late as I am away this weekend XXX

ElizabethR said...

Lovely tag Janet, perfect for where you live. Will get my thinking cap on and as Arnie say's I'll be back. Love Elizabeth x

Faye said...

Beautiful inspiration piece, Janet. Mine is on my blog:

HERE

Tess said...

Great tag Janet. Here is my offering:
http://craftytess.blogspot.com/2010/05/along-river.html

Tess x

Wanda said...

Love it. Such a lovely a scene. Makes me think of lazy, peaceful summer days.
I will see what I can come up with tomorrow.
Well done Janet.
Wanda

ElizabethR said...

Here's mine Janet http://elizabethr-thecraftyrobin.blogspot.com/ hope you like it Love Elizabeth x

crafty creations said...

Gorgeous inspirational piece

Mine is on my blog

Here

Thanks for looking

Beryl K said...

Hi, I decided to have a go at a tag this week, not something I usually do, my card is here
Thanks for looking
Beryl x

Dragon said...

BerylK has entered a tag for this challenge but Blogger seems to have eaten her comment thus far... happened with 2 other entries last week, then they suddenly appeared!!! grrr
Frankie
xx

Dragon said...

BOO!!! just as I predicted!!
Frankie
xx

Dragon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dragon said...

Finally here is mine. Thanks for looking

http://dragon-dragonsweb.blogspot.com/2010/05/my-entry-for-tio-38-along-river.html

Frankie
xx

Wanda said...

Don't know what happened there! I could have sworn I had posted my entry last night, but it is nowhere to be seen. Anyway, here it is:
http://sunshinecrafter.blogspot.com/2010/05/dragons-dream-tio-challenge-38-along.html

Wanda

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Loving all the beautiful tags. Great inspiration. Had to leave a message of appreciation. Unfortunately, it's a case of looking not entering as I don't own many real stamps. My collection hasn't had time to build up yet. Boo hoo

Pan's daughter said...

Greetings, all! This is my first entry to your lovely challenges. I had lots of fun doing this. Thanks for looking!

http://pansdaughter13.blogspot.com/2010/05/along-river-tag-it-on.html

jane said...

Here is mine thanks for looking
Luv Jane xxx

http://jcocraft.blogspot.com/2010/05/dragon-dream-challenge.html

blackdragon said...

Hello Frankie.... Janet that is such a pretty inspiration piece.... beautiful.
I have done mine this week... YAY... but did it friday and only just had the time to 'post' it... monday evening....Grrrrrr!
Keep safe love always lynx
Hope you feel better this week frankie and are up and about a bit more.
xxx
http://lynsblogger.blogspot.com/2010/05/playing-catch-up-dragonsdreams.html#comments

Lori Saul said...

What beautiful tags you have been making lately- I love the crane on your other blog too. You are so amazing and busy with all of your wonderful blogs now- how do you do it! Inspiration for sure!

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

I found some bits to join in .... yayyy. I'm being blond here - linking being the problem - but here's my link

http://cromscubbyhole.blogspot.com/2010/05/dragonsdream-tag.html